Posted to alt.home.repair
rb rb is offline

Default a bit of a wiring problem

Got some mysteries I need cleared up on a surface old pump. The pump is
controlled with Intermatic 220v timer:

1. I have a cable with unknown wiring. It has two red, two blacks, and 1
green. I THOUGHT it was 220v going to my well pump. I THOUGHT the well
pump was operating on 220v. Now not sure.

When measured, I get 110 between one red and one black, and 110 between the
next red and the next black. So far, I don't have any combo making 220vac.
Nor to ground.

2. What I THOUGHT I had was one red/black 220v combo, and the other
red/black going to the motor inside the one cable.

Do I have one red/black combo for the motor?

Is my operating voltage 110 or 220?

My switch terminal a

Black wires: load 1 and load 2
My red wires a line 1 and line 2

Can I just hook black wires to black connectors, and red to red connectors?