Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RB[_2_] RB[_2_] is offline

Default Emco Compact 5 lathe / mill

Vernon wrote:
On 2008-09-28, Vernon wrote:

On Sep 26, 11:46 am, "Wild_Bill" wrote:

[ ... ]

By way of follow-up to everybody. I was the successful bidder for the
Emco Compact 5 lathe / mill. However, bidding was stiff and I was the
only guy too dumb and hard headed to give up. I don't even know if
it's complete with all the standard essential accessories. I will
travel to pick it up early next week and will report back.

If this was eBay -- now that it is won, could you post the URL
(or preferably auction number) for the auction so we can take a look at
it? I could at least tell you something of what might be missing -- or
what you might want to look for. My experience is more with the CNC
version, but I've learned about a lot of the accessories in picking up
more things for my CNC lathe.

Not as sure of the Mill adaptor -- though I have one of the mill
heads on a separate X-Y base to make it a standalone mill. (The column
mounting bracket has the wrong screw pattern to fit the holes on the
back of the lathe bed, so I have never used it under CNC control.

Best of luck,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564
(too) near Washington D.C. |http://www.d-and-d.com/dnichols/DoN.html

Don,

I'd be both honored and grateful for you to take a peek. Here are
both auctions: One for the lathe / mill and the other for the KBC
bench mill. I now have the bench mill. Hope to fetch the lathe
within the next day or two.

Vernon

http://www.dovebid.com/assets/displa...ItemID=wtb1887

No tooling shown in the picture, hopefully some will be with it when you
pick it up.
At that price I think you did OK. One of those milling attachments alone
sold for over $500 on ebay a few weeks ago.

http://www.dovebid.com/assets/displa...temID=mmt42149

Pretty good deal on that mill-drill