Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Yanik Jim Yanik is offline

Default What batteries to use?

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in
:

About a year ago, I bought several Duracell NiMH rechargable cells.
Use in my digital camera, and Mini Mag flash light. I've been very
pleased with them. The folks at the local walmart say that Energizer
brand work better. Faster flash charge time. I may buy some to try
out.

The Duracell leakage I experienced was with alkalines.

And with your field report about Duracell primary use alkalines. Maybe
that company has some quality control problems. I found the generic
NiMH cells I got off Ebay were poor. And a couple of them didn't hold
a charge very well at all, even when freshly charged.

For the original poster's label maker, I also suggest alkalines. I've
used a lot of Thunderbolt Magnum cells from Harbor Freight, and they
have been consistently good to me.

I bought one box of AAA alkaline's from HF,and even the unused,stored ones
began leaking.

I prefer Fuji Novel alkalines,as the price is lower than brand name cells.
(from Big Lots stores)

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik