Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete Keillor Pete Keillor is offline

Default New Gun Problem

On Sun, 28 Sep 2008 21:27:50 -0500, Sunworshipper Sunworshipper
wrote:

I hope I'm not gonna have to fix this problem.

I bought this chick gun as I call it a couple of years ago I guess. It
is a Model 60 (I think) S&W .357 Mag. 5 shot. The other day I shot it
with another for the first time and this thing shoots 1.5' low @ maybe
200'. It has one of those like fiber optic plastic end sights and
wondering if I have to have the bottom of the big red dot above the
"rail".

The book and box are deep in storage. Am I gonna have to send this
thing back to the factory? The S&W site I tryed e-mailing before I
bought it was no help. How, do I go about fixing this problem. I'm
thinking it is just us, but I know how to shoot a gun and it is 1.5
feet low.

I've asked around here and all I get is "what ammo? and doesn't sound
good". BTW 120 g. Oh, seems to have excessive side shrapnel, I had to
stand back further than I thought when the other shot it.

I don't know what to do. Write snail mail to S&W, or call those bone
heads where I bought it. The latter might be fun.

Since I'm on guns. I can't get a .22 rifle up here and I'd like to
taste a goose for the first time before they all leave south like I
should be doing. LOL. What is the deal? I have two registered guns and
can't buy a pop gun. Suppose I'll have to wait and give a DNA sample
to get a shot gun to shoot partridge.

Try a heavier bullet. As far as the spitting, I hope you didn't buy
that thing back when S&W was turning out crap. I bought a 25-5 maybe
30 years ago (ordered it) that had a barrel cylinder gap that was
interference on one side and about 15 thou on the other. Sent it
back, and it was a little better. Dumped it. It looked like they
reamed the forcing cone with a rusty corn cob, and shot like it, too.
I hear they're making better stuff these days, but I've never owned
another S&W.

Pete Keillor