Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What batteries to use?

About a year ago, I bought several Duracell NiMH rechargable cells. Use in
my digital camera, and Mini Mag flash light. I've been very pleased with
them. The folks at the local walmart say that Energizer brand work better.
Faster flash charge time. I may buy some to try out.

And with your field report about Duracell primary use alkalines. Maybe that
company has some quality control problems. I found the generic NiMH cells I
got off Ebay were poor. And a couple of them didn't hold a charge very well
at all, even when freshly charged.

For the original poster's label maker, I also suggest alkalines. I've used a
lot of Thunderbolt Magnum cells from Harbor Freight, and they have been
consistently good to me. The black and gold "Infinity beyond" cells from
ebay, the AAA cells had a lot of leakers. The AA cells have all been fine,
in Infinity Beyond brand. I got a good price, and then promptly found that
the AAA cells had a lot of leakers. About one in ten.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Jim Yanik" wrote in message

In my own experience,Duracells LEAK far more often than Everready or Fuji
Novel.(even when -still powering- the unit.)

I will not buy Duracells any more.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik