Posted to alt.home.repair
C & E C & E is offline

Default yellow jackets

"Phisherman" wrote in message
On Fri, 26 Sep 2008 23:33:26 -0400, "C & E"
wrote:

Have any of you found a product that yellow jackets will carry down into
their underground lair which will poison the entire hive - much like ant
bait? These are between a concrete foundation and block porch so anything
flammable is out of the question. Anything that I spray at them just
ticks
them off and after the initial kill off they are livid. I tossed a
shovelful of morter mix onto the hole and then sprayed it with water a
good
while after dark. By mid morning they had tunneled around it.
Tenacious little buzzers! I more than a little concerned for the
grandkids
who, in spite of warnings and observation, could wander into them.

As always, TIA!
Chuck

Wasp and hornet spray, shortly after sundown, has never failed me.

Two cans have failed me. No dice. I think that it's a very large
infestation.