Posted to alt.home.repair
cshenk cshenk is offline

Default Garage floor options

wrote
"cshenk" wrote:

I think the epoxy will last better and look better. If you have any oil
stains on the floor, you'd want to go a fairly dark color.

Surely oil stains would be completely removed and the floor etched if
needed. Are you saying epoxy is translucent?

I was reading one of the other folks posts, who had problems getting it up.
Really old ground in oil from decades of cars.

Yes, I assume you'd get as much off as possible and then use a dark color
incase some remainder bleeds through. I have a feeling tile wont stick
right if you plan to still use it as a garage.

Before we bought this house, we looked at several. One had a refinished
garage that they'd put terra cotta tile down for a floor. Took 4 years for
the oil to leach up, and man that was nasty looking. They covered it of
course with a rug and over time, even that would get some of the stain I
think. I suspect they didnt try to clean it down very well before the tile
job.