Posted to alt.home.repair
Reggie Dunlop Reggie Dunlop is offline

Default Garage floor options

wrote in message
I'm considering epoxy and tile, but can't decide. I've seen some
really nice epoxy jobs with clearcoat on top (I'll be doing this work
myself by the way, and don't mind doing it "right".) I've also seen
some nice tile jobs. I've seen some tile for $8 and up per sq ft, but
also seen some that I could live with for less than $2/sq ft. I have
a 500 sq ft garage, so that brings it in at around $800. I could also
take that with me if I move. The epoxy job would be a little less
expensive, but more options with color. The glossy finish really
looks nice in photos. The tile might be easier on the feet if
spending much time out there, which I will probably do since I'll
build workbench area and mini-shop for my projects. Of course I could
just put a rubberized mat or something near the workbench area.

Can anyone share some opinions? The amount of time/effort really
isn't that big a deal to me since I enjoy doing these things and would
put in the extra effort if the result is really what I wanted. Just a
question of which I would be happier with.

Why not just leave it alone? It's just a garage floor, after all....