Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] salty@dog.com is offline

Default Tecumseh carbs

On Sun, 28 Sep 2008 09:34:26 -0400, Blattus Slafaly
wrote:

Jim wrote:
I've got a 12 year old snow thrower with a Tecumseh Snow King HMSK-100
engine. Carb on this is the float style.

In addition to the regular maintenance this year I suspect I may need to
pull the carb off for a good cleaning. Presently it stutters at the
higher rpm's and I see where a dirty carb is one of the check items.
Carb has never been off previously.

Question for those familiar with these are there any pitfalls to watch
out for? Such as gaskets that always rip?,, etc

Thanks

That's why you get a carb kit that has all the gaskets.

Carb kits don't include the mounting gasket.