Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Emco Compact 5 lathe / mill

On Sat, 27 Sep 2008 22:58:06 -0700 (PDT), the infamous Vernon
scrawled the following:

Whether I bought it "right" remains to be seen. I ended up paying
about what an equivalent lathe / mini mill would cost new at Harbor
Freight. However, I don't know what condition it's in. And I don't
know if it has any - never mind all - of the accessories you list
above. Somebody wanted it almost as much as I did. I can only hope
he did his homework better than I did.

Vernon, condolences on your successful auction bidding. ;(

Next time, figure out what you'd pay as a maximum bid, then use
sniping software to enter that bid at the absolute last second. It'll
keep you out of the bidding wars which make sellers ecstatic and
buyers remorseful.

And now, at least you're aware of "homework", eh?

I hope the Emco purchase is chock full of goodies for you.

-- George Bernard Shaw