Posted to uk.d-i-y
Grimly Curmudgeon Grimly Curmudgeon is offline

Default JCB 24v SDS Batteries

drugs began to take hold. I remember "The Medway Handyman"
saying something like:

Could be that the batteries are going through the initial stage where they
won't hold a charge until they have been charged/discharged a few times - is
this likely?

That's a possibility, but such a poor showing as new isn't good at all.
If the body of the drill is of reasonable quality it might be worth your
while re-celling the packs.
Fwiw, my Bosch 12V SDS, when the batteries were newish, could do at
least four 1/2" x 2" deep holes into concrete per charge, or ~20 6mm
holes, or dozens of screws.
I've now got some decent cells to have a go at re-celling mine and I'm
thinking of using a car portable power pack as a 12V wired supply fed
into the remaining empty battery case used as a power plug.

I'll give you a fiver for it.
--
Dave
GS850x2 XS650 SE6a