Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default yellow jackets

Blattus Slafaly wrote in
:

C & E wrote:
Have any of you found a product that yellow jackets will carry down
into their underground lair which will poison the entire hive - much
like ant bait? These are between a concrete foundation and block
porch so anything flammable is out of the question. Anything that I
spray at them just ticks them off and after the initial kill off they
are livid. I tossed a shovelful of morter mix onto the hole and then
sprayed it with water a good while after dark. By mid morning they
had tunneled around it. Tenacious little buzzers! I more than a
little concerned for the grandkids who, in spite of warnings and
observation, could wander into them.

As always, TIA!
Chuck

Put a hose on your exhaust pipe on your car or lawn tractor and stick
it in the hole. Carbon monoxide should kill them all in time.

Pulls hose out after like 30 min. Gets stung to hell. Follow-up posting
reaming Blattus a new asshole. Blattus replies asking how long he ran the
car. OP responds, "The car had to be running?".