Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn Norminn is offline

Default Reinforcing kitchen wall

clipped

Yes the window is about the same width as the wall. There is a tie beam
above the window, and the window rest on a strip of 6" thick solid poured
concrete. Below that are the concrete blocks. So, no, it's not carry much
load. I am trying to find the best way to vertically bridge the floor to
the concrete below the window, the rest is mostly cosmetics.

If I was doing that, I would stop in at the garden dept. at HD and get
some narrow concrete edgers )
Hubby and I patched up a hole in the block wall at our condo where there
had been an old, rusty
fire-extinguisher cabinet. We used concrete pavers and latex stucco
patching compound. Looks good )

I will also need to find ways to attach furring strips to the surface, as I
will need to put drywall over it, then cabinets.

I am leaning to using 8" thick concrete blocks on the bottom run, and once I
got to the pipe, switch to 4" thick blocks until I meet the concrete,

MC