Posted to alt.home.repair
Pat Pat is offline

Default Running power and coax together

On Sep 27, 4:32*pm, Kelly wrote:
I'm re-routing the powerline to my electrically heated hot tub. *It
needs to cross walkway, so I'd like to bury it in concrete in a cut that
would also hold the RG-6 coax from my satellite dish. *They'd be
parallel about 4 ft. *Is this OK, or will it lead to interference? *Can
I get away with it if I put the power line in metal conduit? *(Can metal
conduit be buried in concrete?)

Thanks for any advice,

Kelly

We just dumped 4 wires (each in own 2" conduit, and provide 800 amp
services in each of 2 buildings), telecom in 4" conduit, and tv-cable
main feed (in conduit/cable) all in the same trench and then dumped 8"
of concrete on top of them so they didn't go anywhere. They ran
together for about 200 feet. No problem.