Posted to alt.home.repair
RickH RickH is offline

Default Running power and coax together

On Sep 27, 3:32*pm, Kelly wrote:
I'm re-routing the powerline to my electrically heated hot tub. *It
needs to cross walkway, so I'd like to bury it in concrete in a cut that
would also hold the RG-6 coax from my satellite dish. *They'd be
parallel about 4 ft. *Is this OK, or will it lead to interference? *Can
I get away with it if I put the power line in metal conduit? *(Can metal
conduit be buried in concrete?)

Thanks for any advice,

Kelly

First DONT use regular RG6, use RG6 quad shield instead (called
RG6QS), use waterprooff snap-n-lock terminators made for QS. It will
be fine, I have my coax, power UF, LAN and Voice CAT5 lines all in the
same trench out to the gazebo 50 feet away. No 60hz induction
problems at all with the TV computer or phone. A mere 4 feet will
probably be insignificant especially if you can get some dirt between
to separate them.