Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Dishwasher still leaving haze even without using any soap

On Sat 27 Sep 2008 05:40:06a, Colbyt told us...

"Artful Dodger" wrote in message

I need to use one of those bottled rinse thingies. What is in those?

I have no clue what is in them. I know that commercial DW always use
them and have always used them in my home machine. The cost to use is
less than $1 per month if the machine is ran daily. The difference is
glassware and silverware is the most noticable.

Around here the water is very hard and I have no water softner.

Rinse agents are surfactants which cause the water to sheet and flow off of
the items in the dishwasher instead of remaining in beads or droplets of
water which turn into spots when dried.

BTW. Plumber told me that it's best to set the water heater on "hot"
for greater efficiency. Reason the installation instructions scare
you into setting it on "medium" is so they won't get sued by some
idiot burning themselves on
"hot".
Your opinions?

In the rental properties I set them at the lower recommended setting.
Here it would be not legal for me to do otherwise. In my own home I
keep it just short of scalding . Hot water should be hot.

--
Wayne Boatwright

Date: Saturday, 09(IX)/27(XXVII)/08(MMVIII)
Countdown till Veteran's Day