Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Barker DLT Steve Barker DLT is offline

Default PVC into cast iron sewer pipe

copy and paste from OP. did you see this?:::::

The top of the cast iron above the connection is already
supported so it can't drop down when I take out the bad section

================

wrote in message
On Sep 27, 12:37?pm, HerHusband wrote:
I need to replace a short vertical section of cracked 4" cast iron
sewer line. ?The section to be replaced is a little less than 4 feet
long. ?The top of the cast iron above the connection is already
supported so it can't drop down when I take out the bad section.
What I am thinking of doing is breaking out the bad/cracked section of
cast iron, and hopefully ending up with a clean male end of the cast
iron at the top

be sure to support the cast iron above before removing the section to
be replace.

or the entire line may move, causing a rroof leak, cast iron is very
heavy