Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default Running power and coax together

Kelly wrote:
I'm re-routing the powerline to my electrically heated hot tub. It
needs to cross walkway, so I'd like to bury it in concrete in a cut that
would also hold the RG-6 coax from my satellite dish. They'd be
parallel about 4 ft. Is this OK, or will it lead to interference? Can
I get away with it if I put the power line in metal conduit? (Can metal
conduit be buried in concrete?)

Thanks for any advice,

Kelly

If it is only 4 feet, why bust up the concrete? Cut a square of sod out
on each side, dig a couple holes, and drive a couple pipes under there.
Coax and power really need to be separate, at least a foot or so, IIRC.

--
aem sends...