Posted to alt.home.repair
Anthony[_3_] Anthony[_3_] is offline

Default Reinforcing kitchen wall

I suggest that you first wrap the pipe in a pipe wrap therefore stopping any
chemical reaction from the cement on the adhesive in the pipe, them I would
close off the opening with brick. First make sure there are no leaks.

--
Anthony Ippolito
Providing Architectural Drafting & Design

"MiamiCuse" wrote in message
I have a kitchen wall with a window on top, below the window are 8"
concrete blocks.

I will be installing a kitchen sink and dish washer along that wall, so I
broke the wall on one side to run the 2" PVC pipe to a vent stack to the
right. The PVC pipe run is over 4 feet long, and in order to run that
pipe and the one below for the dish washer, I had to literally break off
one side of that concrete wall, so that resulted in half the length of
that wall being supported now with just the outside face of the old
concrete blocks. See the pictu

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w...n/P1020499.jpg

Any idea what is the best way to patch it up? Do I get 4" thick blocks
and built up the front side? Do I frame 2x4s to support it? Do I use ply
wood to cover the front side and pour solid concrete?

Thanks in advance!

MC