Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default Dishwasher still leaving haze even without using any soap

On Sep 27, 8:40*am, "Colbyt" wrote:
"Artful Dodger" wrote in message

I need to use one of those bottled rinse thingies. *What is in those?

I have no clue what is in them. *I know that commercial DW always use them
and have always used them in my home machine. *The cost to use is less than
$1 per month if the machine is ran daily. *The difference is glassware and
silverware *is the most noticable.

I was very surprised the first time I used a rinse aid. I opened the
dishwasher and the entire stainless steel inside, along with
everything in it, looked like it had just been wiped down. Not a
water drop spot to be seen.

Around here the water is very hard and I have no water softner.

BTW. *Plumber told me that it's best to set the water heater on "hot"
for greater efficiency. *Reason the installation instructions scare you
into setting it on "medium" is so they won't get sued by some idiot
burning themselves on
"hot".
Your opinions?

In the rental properties I set them at the lower recommended setting. Here
it would be not legal for me to do otherwise. *In my own home I keep it just
short of scalding . *Hot water should be hot.

Dishwasher manufacturers often recommend running the hot water at the
tap so when the dishwasher calls for water it's hot and not the cooled
off water in the pipes.