Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default shocking product from China

In article , Mark Rand wrote:
On Thu, 25 Sep 2008 12:42:27 GMT, (Doug Miller) wrote:

In article , Mark Rand

wrote:
On Wed, 24 Sep 2008 22:32:42 GMT,
(Doug Miller) wrote:

In article , Mark Rand
wrote:
On Wed, 24 Sep 2008 11:09:33 GMT,
(Doug Miller) wrote:

In article
fbeaufortcounty,
Al Patrick wrote:
Doug Miller wrote:

Conveniently ignoring the fact that it was Bill Clinton, not G.W. Bush,
who

ensured that China was awarded "most favored nation" trading status...

I'm conservative, capitalist, right-wing and probably on your side. I

hate
many things
that Billy Boy and Hillary did . . . BUT The first time I recall China

and
it's
"most
favored nation" status was under ol' Tricky Dicky!

Excuse me, I misspoke; should have read "*permanent* status". Prior to

Slick

Willie, China's MFN status had to be renewed periodically (annually, IIRC)
remain in effect.

What precisely, is wrong with having good trade relations with the nation
that
is going to be the world's largest economy in a few years time?

Some of us have a problem with doing business with a country that:
- has ICBMs with nuclear warheads, targeted on American cities
- imprisons people for practicing the religion of their choice
- rigidly controls its population growth by forced abortion and infanticide
- sells products which are produced by prison (i.e. slave) labor
- pollutes the environment on a scale never before seen anywhere in the

world
- forces workers to labor in absymally unsafe working conditions for
negligible pay
- doesn't allow its subjects to live where they choose

Maybe these things don't bother you. IMO they should.

Pot? Kettle?

What is that supposed to mean?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pot_cal...e_kettle_black

I understand perfectly well what the phrase means. I was asking what meaning
you thought it had *in this context* -- since I do not engage in any of the
conduct of which I was complaining.