Posted to alt.home.repair

Default yellow jackets

"C & E" wrote in message
Have any of you found a product that yellow jackets will carry down into
their underground lair which will poison the entire hive - much like ant
bait? These are between a concrete foundation and block porch so anything
flammable is out of the question. Anything that I spray at them just
ticks them off and after the initial kill off they are livid. I tossed a
shovelful of morter mix onto the hole and then sprayed it with water a
good while after dark. By mid morning they had tunneled around it.
Tenacious little buzzers! I more than a little concerned for the
grandkids who, in spite of warnings and observation, could wander into
them.

As always, TIA!
Chuck

Have you tried a liquid that will penetrate over time? Or a powder like
Diazanon that will linger?

Best to work at night when they are not active and they are in the hive.