Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] nonsense@mynonsense.net is offline

Default Dishwasher still leaving haze even without using any soap

Thanks for all replies, the dishwasher is now working properly! I put
a 2 cups of CLR ( Calcium , lime , rust ) remover in it and ran that.
It started giving off a little smoke and then foamed a lot. After it
completed, I ran a few dirty dishes with no soap, and some vinegar in
the rinse. They came out perfect, no more white cloudy haze! Here's
what I emailed my tenants:

The dishwasher is now working properly. I believe all the hard water
deposits have been cleaned out . At home you will see two glasses I
smeared with peanut butter, jam and the french onion dip. You can
compare them to the hand washed/dried ones. THe trick is to use
vinegar in the rinse AND use a lot less soap. If there is any residue
it is due to the soap buildup . To fix the soap buildup, start off
with just a tablespoon of soap . Also trying other brands can make a
big difference according to the online folks, i.e cascade or
palmolive. Also water needs to be hot for soap to dissolve, so i
raised the water heater temp slightly. Run the sink faucet so the hot
water comes, before starting the DW. Also don't let dishes sit and let
food cake on them overnight and rinse before placing them in the
machine. And also don't overload it as it is not going to clean
effictively.