Posted to alt.home.repair
badgolferman badgolferman is offline

Default slide-in range

badgolferman wrote:

What's involved in replacing a drop-in range with a slide-in unit?

My current ancient down draft Jenn-Air has finally been authorized to
be replaced by the home warranty company. They are offering the
slide-in model
http://www.jennair.com/catalog/produ...t=69&prod=1464 and my
wife wants it. They won't pay for any cabinet modifications so that
is upon us.

Is there anything more than cutting out the baseplate of the cabinet
to allow it to go into the cavity? I don't know if a slide-in is
considered free standing or has to slid onto rails built into the
cabinet enclosure. I don't know if the old one is hard-wired or if
there is a receptacle. The exhaust goes out through the wall to the
outside of the house.

I did find the installation instructions to be helpful after posting
the original message.