Posted to alt.home.repair
AZ Nomad[_2_] AZ Nomad[_2_] is offline

Default Are old microwave ovens built better than the new ones?

On Fri, 26 Sep 2008 10:36:44 -0500, HeyBub wrote:
AZ Nomad wrote:

Unless you like to heat and eat rocks, more power isn't desirable.

I rarely use full power. I'd rather eat my food than scrape it off
the
walls of the microwave oven. I cook my morning breakfast cerial at
power 4 and use 5 or 6 for everything else.

I had the same problem until I discovered food-covers.

For example, a lid from a Folger's plastic coffee "can" fits neatly over my
soup bowls. An upside-down tupperware bowl fits over saucers. And so on.
When the food explodes, bumps, or turns inside-out, the mess ends up on the
covering device, not on the MW's walls.

The the lid pops off, and the food ends up on the tray.

Sorry. I prefer my food in a dish, not scraped off the tray.

Variable power (duty cycle for salty's anal analysis) has been around since
the 70's with good reason.