Posted to alt.home.repair
retired53 retired53 is offline

Default New roof

"Scott" wrote in message
news:48dcf1de.773292669@localhost...
On Fri, 26 Sep 2008 05:52:45 GMT, in alt.home.repair, "retired53"
[email protected] wrote:

Thanks everyone. Knowing it could run as high as 7k is very helpful.
Should
take me about 2 years to get that much scratch together. I had no idea!
I've
heard of people paying 2k for roofs but I guess those days are over.

Well, five years ago I paid about $4,000 to reroof about 1,700 square ft.
with 30-year architectural shingles, but that was just materials and
disposal fees for the two-layer tearoff (advice: get the BIG dumpster!).
My
in-laws provided the labor for free, bless 'em all. If you were paying
for
a work crew, you could probably spend as much on labor as you did for
materials....

thanks....i wonder how these guys on
'flip this house" are getting the job done for 2 to 4 thousand. connections?

olddog