Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Barker DLT Steve Barker DLT is offline

Default Chainsaw blade sharpened?

definition of an 'unsharp' chain??? one that hasn't been sharpened since
the last use.

"Ron" wrote in message
On Sep 23, 2:46 pm, "ng_reader" wrote:

Using my Poulan "Wild Thing" chainsaw this weekend, and a lot of burnt
wood
where I made my cuts.

Don't recall the chain being so bad, but a new one --- on Amazon --- is
$20.

My question is, is that the definitive answer of an unsharp chain? Slow
cutting and burnt wood?

And, as a follow up, if I may, youtube showed me how to sharpen with a
tool.
Doesn't look that hard, but if the tool is as much as a new chain, well,
you
do the math.

thanks in advance.

Incorrect cutting methods?

And if you wanna take the time, you can sharpen the chain with a small
"rattail" file.