Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Chainsaw blade sharpened?

Saws are designed with the bar off to the right. Ideally, a right handed saw
operator keeps his head far to the left. So that when the chain comes flying
back at you, the saw goes over your right shoulder.

I've seen saw operators (complete idiots) with their head exactly in line
with the bar. I told em why that was dangerous, and they didn't (complete
idiots) listen to me.

http://www.motherearthnews.com/uploa...1pix_01-01.jpg

Here is a good safety page.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Kenneth" wrote in message
On Thu, 25 Sep 2008 10:17:34 -0400, wrote:

That would be a better result than what I had happen once. I hit a
bolt embedded in a tree trunk and the whole chain went sailing past my
ear at a very high rate of speed. It was VERY close. ( It only dulled
one tooth of the chain)

whew... I gotta stop reading this thread...
--
Kenneth