Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Are old microwave ovens built better than the new ones?

My parents bought a microwave before we moved in 1975, I think it was. I
remember them wondering if it would fit under the cabinets, in the new
house. It did, and it's still there. Dad had to reoil the blower fan a
couple times over the last decades.

Mine, my parents bought for me in maybe 1991. I've still got it, and it
works fine.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"zzyzzx" wrote in message
It's not worth fixing a microwave, but I do think the older, American
Made ones like my vintage 1989 Tappan are way better than the Chinese
junk you can only buy today. And I also happen to know one other
person with my exact same microwave. Still in service after all this
time.