Posted to alt.home.repair
Art Todesco Art Todesco is offline

Default Dishwasher still leaving haze even without using any soap

Colbyt wrote:
wrote in message
Last week I posted pictures of my dishwasher that was leaving a cloudy
haze on the glass. The very helpful suggestions were to try it with
less soap as it might be soap buildup. So I ran it with just vinegar
in the soap dispenser, rinse and a few cups in the tub. But still I
got the same haze. It does seem to be cleaining the glasses fine as I
smeared peanut butter over them, and they came out clean.

Could the inside plumbing of the machine be so full of hard water
deposits to be causing this? Will repeated applications of vinegar
clean it up or do I need to call a professional?

The odd thing is the cloudy haze goes right away as soon as I rinse
the glasses with water in the sink. THe pictures are he

http://www.mynonsense.net/temp/

I hate to post something so simple to an old thread BUT

Are you using the jet dri product and is the dispenser working? A DW does
not work with soap only.

Also, IMO a quality powdered soap works better than those liquid guys.

Colbyt

I agree with Colbyt's reply and in
addition, a lot has to do with the water.
When I 1st got a portable DW, some 40
years ago, we used it on Lake Michigan
water with absolutely no problems. We
then moved it to our present home
where we had well water that was very
hard. We had dark brown dishes. You
should have seen the white stuff on
them. We started using the rinse stuff
and it
helped a lot, but the best thing was a
water softener. Now we are back to Lake
Michigan water (same house) and it's
good again without the water softener and
even without the rinse agent.