Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default Lawn mower belt replacement

In article ,
"Bishoop" wrote:

The problem is that I cannot see just how the belt cover is attached. The
parts drawing does not show any screws that's why I assume it's a push-on
fit. Maybe I'll wait til winter when the grass doesn't need cutting so
often, pry the cover off and if it won't go back on, order a new. Or maybe
just order a new cover before I start the project.

The problem is that your experience with mechanical things is not up to
the challenge, which is why I suggested taking it to a shop. If you're
intimidated by a plastic cover, you aren't going to be able to do much
else even if you do get the cover off in one piece.