Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn Norminn is offline

Default Dishwasher still leaving haze even without using any soap

wrote:

Last week I posted pictures of my dishwasher that was leaving a cloudy
haze on the glass. The very helpful suggestions were to try it with
less soap as it might be soap buildup. So I ran it with just vinegar
in the soap dispenser, rinse and a few cups in the tub. But still I
got the same haze. It does seem to be cleaining the glasses fine as I
smeared peanut butter over them, and they came out clean.

Could the inside plumbing of the machine be so full of hard water
deposits to be causing this? Will repeated applications of vinegar
clean it up or do I need to call a professional?

The odd thing is the cloudy haze goes right away as soon as I rinse
the glasses with water in the sink. THe pictures are he

http://www.mynonsense.net/temp/

We had a different problem with our dishwasher, which was buildup of
detergent causing
bubbles that prevented it from draining properly. The solution, which
seemed highly doubtful
at first, was to run the dw with no dishes and pour in about a quart of
white vinegar before
beginning the cycle. It worked. I have, in the past, used vinegar to
remove haze from
glassware. You might try running it with more vinegar, as I did. Then
start out using
about half the detergent for a load and see how it goes. Got a water
softener? You
might also want to try a "name brand" dw detergent if you have not already.

It is a litte "off the wall" but the test with a little vinegar might
have dissolved detergent
residue just enough to deposit it on the dishes you did that cycle.
Don't know my
detergent chemistry at all )