Posted to alt.home.repair
Mike Paulsen Mike Paulsen is offline

Default Dishwasher still leaving haze even without using any soap

wrote:
Last week I posted pictures of my dishwasher that was leaving a cloudy
haze on the glass. The very helpful suggestions were to try it with
less soap as it might be soap buildup. So I ran it with just vinegar
in the soap dispenser, rinse and a few cups in the tub. But still I
got the same haze. It does seem to be cleaining the glasses fine as I
smeared peanut butter over them, and they came out clean.

Could the inside plumbing of the machine be so full of hard water
deposits to be causing this? Will repeated applications of vinegar
clean it up or do I need to call a professional?

The odd thing is the cloudy haze goes right away as soon as I rinse
the glasses with water in the sink. THe pictures are he

http://www.mynonsense.net/temp/

If you haven't already done so, take off the covered grill and remove
and clean all the parts you have access to. I have a similar model and
deposits on the grills & screens can restrict water flow enough to
affect cleaning.

While you're at it, remove the cylindrical water height switch and clean
that out too. (front left)