Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default diamond discs

Stephen wrote:
Hello,

I know the faq says that diamond discs last longer than stone or metal
cutting discs, but how much longer? I know when to change the stone or
metal discs because they are worn down in size. But how do I know when
to change a diamond disc? I was trying to chase some concrete today
and it just would not cut. Does this mean it's time for a new disc or
does it just mean it's particularly hard concrete

Well a typical angle grinder disc lasts about 5 seconds on hard stone or
concrete, and a couple of years if its diamond.

They just wear down and stop cutting..
Thanks,
Stephen.