Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Karl Winkler Karl Winkler is offline

Default Accusations that Sarah Palin is stupid

On Sep 24, 7:48*pm, axolotl wrote:
Jim Chandler wrote:
It is no doubt a wireless mic transmitter that was used during the
"debates". *

This is what a wireless mic looks like:

http://www.lectrosonics.com/wireless/400/um450.htm

* *Take your

political stuff to a political group and leave this group to those who
want to talk and learn about metalworking. *Thank you.

I am chasened. But I will make the observation that you were in the
thread first.

Kevin Gallimore

Somehow there has been confusion about a wireless *transmitter* and a
wireless *receiver*. Transmitters are very common, and are seen in
handheld types (like what the candidates are typically holding when
they address a crowd) and the belt-pack types like the one you pointed
out, which are worn concealed usually under clothing but are sometimes
visible. Belt packs are used on actors, etc. along with a tiny
"lavaliere" microphone so that their dialog can be recorded for the
film or amplified for a stage production.

However, I think what people thought Bush might be wearing was some
kind of *receiver* allowing him to pick up cues from someone not in
the room. Here's what one of those looks like:

http://www.lectrosonics.com/ifb/r1a.htm

It's a similar size a shape to a transmitter, but has the opposite
function. As for the earpiece he might have or have not been wearing,
there are devices like:

http://www.coolest-gadgets.com/20070...ers-a-new-era/

These fit inside the ear canal and then receive a short range signal.

I'm not saying he was or was not - just that *if* he was, these are
the types of devices he could have used.

Karl Winkler
Lectrosonics, Inc.
http://www.lectrosonics.com