Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Internal glass door building regs?

Bob Mannix wrote:
Man at B&Q wrote:
On Sep 24, 12:23 pm, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
Man at B&Q wrote:
On Sep 24, 9:15 am, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
mogga wrote:
Are there building regs regarding internal doors with glass?
Someone's asking about a door made up from 4 single glazed panels
measuring approx 1 - 1 1/2 foot tall by 2 - 2 1/2 foot wide.
Yup. MUST be toughened safety glass. In fact all glass used these days
in a house has to be unless the pane size is very small as in e.g.
leaded lights or small framed panels..the issue is people falling
through and being literally cut to ribbons.
I thought it depended on height above the floor for windows.
Sort of. I think the key is being able to fall through it.
That's not what you said though.

How is the 'issue is people falling through and being literally cut to
ribbons' not what I said, when I did say it?

The data on this commercial site is AFAICR correct and worth a look:

http://www.warmedgeunits.com/safety.html

I think so too.

So whilst not strictly necessary in all cases, unless there is a resoan
not to, fit toughened safety glass everywhere you can.