Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default Lawn mower belt replacement

In article ,
"Bishoop" wrote:

Has anyone replaced the drive belt on a Lawn-Boy Insight self propelled lawn
mower?

I'd like to try it myself but I'm not sure how far to take the mower apart
to replace the belt. There is a *belt cover* that if it can be removed
would sure make the job allot easier. According to the Lawn-Boy parts
manual the cover (plastic) just pushes on and not screwed in place. I'm
afraid to pry it off in fear of it not going back on.

I think the belt is not up to the task after 3-1/2 years of cutting really
thick St. Augustine grass here in Florida. I seem to be doing a lot more
pushing that when it was new. It takes me 1-1/2 hours to do the job every
four days from about May thru October. The rest of the year of course is
less frequently. I would estimate the belt has 300~400 hours of use.

Any suggestions? Thanks....

Take it to the mower repair shop.