Posted to alt.home.repair
Phil again Phil again is offline

Default Is it hard to install DSL yourself?

On Wed, 24 Sep 2008 11:42:33 -0700, Cheri wrote:

I have been trying to get DSL, and they all want to send a kit (assuring
me since I am not a technical person at all) that it's very easy to
install by yourself. Has anyone here done that, and is it easy? I mean,
really easy...like any moron could do it easy? :-)

One word of caution:

You do need good quality phone circuit wires in the wall. Almost all
homes built in the last 20 years or so will be OK. Last 10 years even
better.

If your home is over 50 years old (pre 1960) you could be in some
trouble. You may have to re-do a lot of your phone system wiring in such
a case.

Wait until it is proof this a problem.