Posted to alt.home.repair
Mikepier Mikepier is offline

Default New Dryer is Blowing the Circuit Breaker - HELP!

Newer equipment usualy takes less amps, maybe something on the dryer
is bad, an amp meter could test surge and run load- Hide quoted text -

You would think, but I just bought a Kenmore dryer and its rated at 26
amps.

Another thing to consider. If the existing outlet in the wall is 3
prong. Then the dryer has a 3 prong plug on it, which means the
neutral and ground were jumped inside the dryer.
Todays new dryers come wired for a 4 prong outlet. But if you have an
older style 3 prong, the instructions say to open up the back panel of
the dryer and tie the ground and neutral together. So I'm wondering
maybe if there's a problem with the way it was wired.