Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default Quick fix for leaking roof

"scorpionleather" wrote in
:

I struggled to find a way to make a quick temporary repair on my roof
and I tried everything, starting with every variety of Henry's roof
coatings. The standard roof coatings did not work for more than a few
months. I tried just about everything. What finally worked is when I
used GE Silicone II to cover the cracks. It is very durable and it
keeps the water out excellent. The silicone has allowed me to postpone
a $40,000 cost of replacing the whole roof, maybe for a few more
years.

$40k?! Bit steep for most roofs. Maybe in a pricey area, larger roof, many
dormers/valleys, steep, teardown to trusses, all of the above.