Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Quick fix for leaking roof

My daughters roof is leaking, anyway to make a quick, fast temporary repair,
until she can afford to have the thing replaced..
Barry

Posted to alt.home.repair

I struggled to find a way to make a quick temporary repair on my roof and I
tried everything, starting with every variety of Henry's roof coatings. The
standard roof coatings did not work for more than a few months. I tried
just about everything. What finally worked is when I used GE Silicone II to
cover the cracks. It is very durable and it keeps the water out excellent.
The silicone has allowed me to postpone a $40,000 cost of replacing the
whole roof, maybe for a few more years.

Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Barry wrote:
My daughters roof is leaking, anyway to make a quick, fast temporary
repair, until she can afford to have the thing replaced..

Depends on what the direct cause of the leak is. A single point maybe,
if it's a general condition, not so much.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Barry" wrote in message ...
My daughters roof is leaking, anyway to make a quick, fast temporary
repair,
until she can afford to have the thing replaced..
Barry

Unless the exact place that's causing the problem is very obvious, probably
not. It can be very difficult to identify where the problem is.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 23 Sep 2008 14:29:05 -0500, "Barry"
wrote:

My daughters roof is leaking, anyway to make a quick, fast temporary repair,
until she can afford to have the thing replaced..
Barry

Tarp weighted down with bricks.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"scorpionleather" wrote in
:

I struggled to find a way to make a quick temporary repair on my roof
and I tried everything, starting with every variety of Henry's roof
coatings. The standard roof coatings did not work for more than a few
months. I tried just about everything. What finally worked is when I
used GE Silicone II to cover the cracks. It is very durable and it
keeps the water out excellent. The silicone has allowed me to postpone
a $40,000 cost of replacing the whole roof, maybe for a few more
years.

$40k?! Bit steep for most roofs. Maybe in a pricey area, larger roof, many
dormers/valleys, steep, teardown to trusses, all of the above.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

My daughters roof is leaking, anyway to make a quick, fast temporary
repair,
until she can afford to have the thing replaced..
Barry

NO. YOU MUST REPLACE THE ROOF.

Sorry, if you had told us what the roof is made of, maybe we could
have helped. Since you were an idiot, you will have to spend
thousands of dollars to replace the roof.

Jesus will punish you too..... He does not forgive idiots!

Ain't gonna cost me anything........ It's not my roof.. So I guess that
makes you the idiot, for not reading my message....
That's the same thing that your momma said last night.
Jesus who?
Barry

Posted to alt.home.repair

Jesus is that drugged mexican spic who sucked your soft cock last

I love my kill filter.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
On Wed, 24 Sep 2008 06:31:40 -0500, "Barry"
wrote:

. ..
wrote:

My daughters roof is leaking, anyway to make a quick, fast temporary
repair,
until she can afford to have the thing replaced..
Barry

NO. YOU MUST REPLACE THE ROOF.

Sorry, if you had told us what the roof is made of, maybe we could
have helped. Since you were an idiot, you will have to spend
thousands of dollars to replace the roof.

Jesus will punish you too..... He does not forgive idiots!

Ain't gonna cost me anything........ It's not my roof.. So I guess that
makes you the idiot, for not reading my message....
That's the same thing that your momma said last night.
Jesus who?
Barry

If it's not your roof, then why are you wasting our time?

Jesus is that drugged mexican spic who sucked your soft cock last
night. He left a complaint message on alt.homosexual and said that
you could not get an erection. You lose again!!!!

You better ask your momma again, me and that drugged mexican, along with his
cement pouring
Vatos, ****ed that bitch momma of yours again...................Just a
little while ago..
She wasn't complaining 'bout, about my hardon, or that I got the
clap......Which means that you got it also...........
We know that you've been ****en her also............ Shame, Shame, Shame..
You play with the big guys and your gonna get hurt... "Cock Breath"
Barry
Austex

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Blattus Slafaly" wrote in message
Barry wrote:
My daughters roof is leaking, anyway to make a quick, fast temporary
repair,
until she can afford to have the thing replaced..
Barry

Identify where the leak is exactly in the attic. If it's roof, replace
the shingles in that area. If it's flashing around the chimney or vent
pipe or skylight, use roofing tar tube that fits in your caulking gun.
Fill in the cracks. Silicone or latex caulking that dries clear is fine
too.

--
Blattus Slafaly ? 3 7/8

I'd like to respond, but I'm afraid that Commander@pukenet, will jump in my
Another reason why mommas should not have sex with their chillen

Quick question on roof repair. cowznofsky Home Repair 6 November 28th 06 01:33 AM
Blisters in New Rubber Roof - Need quick answer JFM Home Repair 1 October 11th 06 02:59 PM
I'm puzzled about my leaking roof. It's not leaking like a leak should leak. Daniel Cullpeppper Home Repair 10 April 30th 06 05:16 AM
Leaking roof Jim Scott UK diy 1 July 7th 05 05:57 AM
Leaking roof Adam UK diy 6 May 26th 04 12:09 PM