Posted to alt.home.repair
Jrg Dmg Jrg Dmg is offline

Default Bricks fell saga cont.

Hi all. In early August I posted here about bricks that fell from the
front of my house. It's 100 yrs. old, 2 story brick home.

I thank you posters! Even with a few wise-cracks, I did get some ideas
and terms that help. I had no clue.

The insurance adjuster finally came to see the damage.
He asked if I had any 'bids'. I told him no that I had contacted some
guys, but no appts./ bids yet. The adjuster said he would send couple
guys over.

So he calls ...tells me it IS covered and say as above about my bids &
his sending guy. Tell me is cutting a check with X amt..
I asked how he got that amount and was told some mostly vague words
about the calculation.

I asked where were guys he was sending..... they've been 'swamped' he
says.

Now that there is an amount on the check. One guy is all of a sudden
unswamped. He says he will do th job...no mntion of money... I betcha
adjuster told him. Whaddya think?

Something fishy? How does this bidding/insurance thing usually go?

TIA,