Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Dave is offline

Default Internal door hanles

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article ,
Dave wrote:

I would not choose a spade bit. Rather just an ordinary or lip & spur
wood drill.

A spade drill will let me make the hole to my dimensions. I can grind
the sides to reduce the diameter.

Spade drills are for fast rough drilling. Not ideal for fitting a dowel.
An auger or similar gives the cleanest entry.

Many thanks to all who replied. I picked up some quite good ideas.

I ended up getting some small dowel and measured it. It was 4.3 mm. I
dug out my engineers drills and selected one that was 4.1 mm. Job went
according plan and I have fitted 3 door handles successfully. The only
problem I have now is the paint lines showing from the first door
handles. Once I have fitted them all I'll get my sander out and make good.

Thanks again

Dave