Posted to rec.woodworking
Lee Michaels[_2_] Lee Michaels[_2_] is offline

Default Should I use my Radial Arm saw or my Table Saw to cut a 2 x4 length wise

"LRod" wrote

I guess I'm lucky. I bought and learned to use a RAS in 1972 and used
it often for lots of projects for nearly 20 years before the internet
came along with scary people all over the place telling me how scary
my tool was. Never occured to me. Not the way I learned to use it.

Same here. I have built countless projects on a radial arm saw for many
years. When I grew up, they were everywhere. I even knew a couple of guys
who built special trailers for them for the construction guys. Every home
construction site had a radial arm saw set up for cutting boards on site.

I built lots of rustic furniture and bookshelves out of construction grade
lumber, just because it was all I could afford at the time. Much of that
stuff is still going strong, 30 years later. And it is much stronger and
more durable than crap built with politically correct woodworking machinery.

And lo and behold, I was reading the internet one day when I learned that
millions of limbs and lives have lost to roving gangs of radial arms saws
terrorizing the land! I entirely missed that one. I often wondered what
kind of drugs these internet gossip hounds must of been on.