Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Internal door hanles

Dave wrote:
Wife has decided to change 8 sets of door handles and guess what? All
the securing screws are not at the same pitch as the ones we have now
:-(
What I propose to do is buy some doweling and a spade drill slightly
smaller than the dowel. If the spade drill is making too large a
diameter hole, I'll grind the side edge until it makes a tight fit for
the dowel and then glue the dowel in to provide a blank location for
the door handle attachment screws.

Can anyone see a problem with this, apart from the fact that the
screws will be going down the grain, instead of across it.

Just buy a proper dowel drill which will be exactly the right size for the
dowel.
http://www.axminster.co.uk/product.a...file=1&jump=44

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman