Posted to alt.home.repair
Chuck[_3_] Chuck[_3_] is offline

Default Gas engine or electric motor for bicycles

Chuck wrote:
Art Todesco wrote:
Anyone have any experience with these. I did many internet searches on
the subject, but what I'm looking for is personal experience, i.e.
electric vs. gas, 2 cycle vs. 4 cycle, etc.. The new area where I
will move next year will make it impossible to ride a bike. So, I'd
like one of these things to help me up the hills.
Thanks,
Art

Hi Art,
When I was a kid we used to have "motor bikes" that went under the
name of Whizzer. The gas motor was mounted between the handle bar and
the seat. You got it going by peddling fast and then tightening the belt
and the motor would start (if you were lucky). I haven't seen one in
years. I think it ran on straight gas. I don't recall mixing oil to it.
Western Auto may have sold them. Hope you find one... Chuck

Art... Do a Goggle on Whizzer motor bikes and you will have all the info you
need. They are still being made and sold. Good luck. I may even get me one. Chuck