Posted to rec.woodworking
whit3rd whit3rd is offline

Default Should I use my Radial Arm saw or my Table Saw to cut a 2 x4length wise

On Sep 21, 11:46*am, dpb wrote:

[the radial arm saw. *...

... *Ripping is actually one of the easier operations.

Yeah, but... 2x4 lumber is a nest of loose knots, gnarly grain,
and pinch/catch/throw opportunities.

A radial arm saw, on a crosscut, applies force on the board
downward and toward the fence. Safe, stable, easy cut.

When ripping, a table saw with a good splitter or 'riving knife' is
less scary.

Even so, last time I wanted to rip a tubafer, it went through my band
saw. That saw hasn't got what it takes to throw sticks at me.