Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Hardwater accumulations in dishwasher beyond repair?

On Sep 22, 1:24�pm, Norminn wrote:
wrote:
I had posted earlier about a dishwasher that was leaving cloudy
residue in everything. Plus it was not cleaning properly either. The
excellent replies said to clean it out with vinegar. So I tried
several applications of vinegar and stronger citric acids and baking
soda to no avail. Here are some pictures that show the problem. The
glass on the left was dried in dish rack while the one in the right is
from the dishwasher.

http://www.mynonsense.net/temp/

Could it be the hardwater deposits have accumulated so much that they
are beyond repair? �The dishwasher was only used for a year ( it is
rental property ). What is confusing is if there is hard water
problem , then how did the glass that was dried outside have no spots
on it? I recall the property used to have very hard water, but could
it be now it doesn't? Does city water change with time?

I switched to Cascade liquid from their powder and get no cloudy
dishes. �Hubby fills the
cup with deterg. but I generally use about 2/3 or so. �Clean, no spots.- Hide quoted text -

if the water isnt hot enough the detergent doesnt dissolve
properly....

i fixed it by turning up my water heater alittle