Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Small freezer

On Sun, 21 Sep 2008 08:31:49 -0400,
(---MIKE---) wrote:

The last time I had a 3 day power outage I lost all my frozen food. I'm
thinking of getting a small freezer and "stocking" it with jugs of
water. When we have an outage I will put all my frozen food in it. How
long should the food stay frozen without power? The freezer will be
located in the basement which is usually about 60°F.

---MIKE---
In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44° 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Not enough information, but the frozen food will last longer if the
food is not moved and the doors kept tightly closed during the entire
time of the outtage. When we have a power outtage I put a chair in
front of the refigerator as a reminder. For frequent power outtages
lasting longer than 12 hours, get a generator.