Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y
Steve Walker Steve Walker is offline

Default ACCESS CONTROL - Security Related Issues and Products

Anthony Birch wrote:
Hello all,

This is the first time I have used newsgroups and thought this
would be the best place to start. I was going to start posting in
the security newsgroups but have been told that most things within
this field are covered in this newsgroup.

I'm currently working for a VMSecure, who supply business to
business, products of a security related nature. One of our main
products though is access control and we also deal a lot in CCTV.

Due to this, I may be able to help a lot of you out there. If you
have any queries on any of these products don't hesitate to get in
touch. I can assist you in making the correct choice on a product to
meet your requirments or I can help you choose and implement an
access control system within your office/company.

If you feel I may be able to help you then don't hesitate to
contact me.

Hi Anthony, and welcome to the darkest regions of the interweb. The way it
works from here is that you provide helpful, informative comments in
relevant threads, taking care to never plug your own company or products.

If you do this over a decent while, suspicions of spamming will gradually
ebb and you'll become a valued member of the community. In the long run
you'll probably make some sales, and establish your firm's reputation with a
very diverse community of DIY'ers and other malcontents. The profit from
this will *not* be sufficent to meet the time you will waste debating with
us, because we're a legion or opinionated tinkerers and we like to yak on
about it.

Basically, if you're here to sell for gain then give up now. If you're
here because you genuinely enjoy talking about technology, tools (we like
angle grinders especially), sheds, saniflo's or scaffolding, then get a
cuppa and join in.